Roads & Properties
White Cottage Cafe
1844 Tythe No 258 house and garden owned by St John's Wardens and occupied by James White Back to Street
Probably late medieval, altered later. 2-storey pantiled front. Pantile roof. Eaves. 2 windows to upper floor, 3-light casements with horizontal glazing bars. Ground floor has projecting shop-front to left with plain fascia and 1 door. Square-headed archway leading to rear on right. End of one original moulded beam remains inside and continues through wall to support the archway.
Stable-block in 3 parts running west along passage to rear of No 16a. Probably mid-C19, altered later. 2 storeys. Red brick on ground floor. Black-boarded upper floor jettied out on joists with curved ends. Pantile roof. Assortment of windows (including one pair of casements) with some glazing bars on upper floor. One loading door to right. Variety of modern windows and 1 ground floor. !st floor since demolished.