Roads & Properties

No 29

St Benedict's Church

1844 Tythe No 223 church

Rebuilt by Abbot Bere about 1520. Surviving chancel, probably from late C14. Aisled nave with 4-bay arcade and clerestorey. Good west tower. Porch and North aisle have rebus of Abbot Bere.

Back to Street
Glastonbury Antiquarian Society, 48 High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9DX - Registered Charity No: 309955
Website designed by Sean Miller - All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2017

Site Map