Roads & Properties
Manor House Gardens
To 1990’s Chislett’s Garage Back to Street
1844 Tythe No 99/100 garden, house, orchard owned by Honor Yeoman and occupied by James Hunt
The Manor House stood across the road level with the footpath between No 62 and No 7 Manor House Gardens. This footpath was the original termination of Manor House Road (Grist Lane). In the C18 home of Peter King, the original manor was owned by the Abbey and held by the Sacrist. The Manor House was destroyed to enable the road to be straightened when the railway was built. Parts survived untill the 1960s as the Pound.