Roads & Properties
until 1970s home of Dr Boyd Back to Street
1844 Tythe No 10 house and garden owned by John Henry Burgess, surgeon
A large house, probably about 1700 in origin, altered in early C19. 2 storeys plus attic. Long stucco front. Dormer with casements. Slate roof. Cornice, parapet. Chamfered quoins. Plinth. 4 windows in moulded surrounds with keystones and aprons. Sashes with thin glazing bars. Above doorway is splayed oriel of 3 lights with ogee curve to corbel. Doorway has slender Tuscan pilasters. 6-panel door, rectangular fanlight with glazing bars. To left of front is carriage-arch with segmental head and keystone. Double doors of 6 panels each. Beside this is a small doorway with moulded architrave and deep voussoirs to head. 6-panel door.