Roads & Properties
1844 Tythe No 491 house & garden owned by John Somers Back to Street
Probably C17, altered later. 2 storeys. Stone, refronted with colourwashed brick. Pantile roof. Parapets to gable-ends. Eaves. 4 windows with segmental heads and keystones. 3-light wood casements, few glazing bars. One gable-end has 2-light stone mullioned window to ground-floor. 4-panel door under modern porch.
Seven stone slabs of Mendip conglomerate on average 5ft high and 8ft apart, pierced near the top. Uncovered in 1976 between the Rifleman's Arms and "Barnside". The overburden was less than 20 years old, laid for a car park Mr Knight of Barnside is of the opinion that they are Saxon boundary posts.