Roads & Properties
Drapersí office and factory
1844 Tythe No 498 house barton & yard owned by James MastersBack to Street
Short range of stone cottages at right-angles to the road. Originally there were 2 parallel ranges. Built 1838 in connection with the tannery which formerly lay beyond them. 2 storeys. Pantile roof. Gable-end parapets with kneelers. 2- light stone mullioned windows with Gothic tops. Keystones. Gable-end has a 3- light mullioned window. 3 doorways, also with keystones. No 26 (now demolished) had a tablet with initials 'J.M. 1838'.
1844 Tythe No 499 orchard owned by William Masters
1844 Tythe No 500 rickyard owned by William Masters
1844 Tythe No 501 yard & barn owned by William Masters