Roads & Properties

No 08

The Psychic Piglet, Bishopstone Trading Co

1980s Gas showroom, 1934 window for Glastonbury Corporation Gas Dept; Wilts & Dorset Bank; Possible site of medieval Court House, Market Hall and Gaol.

1844 Tythe No 379 White Hart Inn owned by Jas Bassett Moorhouse and occupied by Alex Bailey White hotel keeper and farmer

Adjoins No 6, and is of slightly higher elevation. Continuous front with plain cornice and parapet with coping. Early Painted brick. Centre projects, and has chamfered quoins and triangular pediment. 3 windows. Original 1st floor sash with cornice on console brackets and architrave surround. 2 paired sashes to 1st floor, otherwise 3-light casements. All windows have chamfered voussoirs and some glazing bars. Modern shop-front.

Back to Street
Glastonbury Antiquarian Society, 48 High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9DX - Registered Charity No: 309955
Website designed by Sean Miller - All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2017

Site Map