Roads & Properties

No 01

Hemp In Avalon

1980s Pikes

1844 Tythe No 74 house and c owned by Thomas Collins and occupied by Ellen Ball

Late medieval timber-framed building with early C19 stucco. Gabled front of 2 storeys plus attic. Openwork cusped bargeboards with finial. pantile roof. Front oversails at 1st floor level, where it has a moulded bressumer. At right-hand end is a stone corbel carved with figures of a man and woman in late medieval dress. Stringcourse over 1st floor is joined to plain pilasters flanking front. One rounded-headed sash in gable. 2 sashes to 1st floor, thin glazing bars. Fixed-light shop window with small panes to left

Back to Street
Glastonbury Antiquarian Society, 48 High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9DX - Registered Charity No: 309955
Website designed by Sean Miller - All images and text © Glastonbury Antiquarian Society 2017

Site Map